Last modified: May 29, 2020
Denim Software, Inc., doing business as Denim Social (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. We welcome you to our website located at denimsocial.com, including all subdomains present and future as well as the additional domain names listed in this policy (collectively, the “Website”).
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or your employer or that you may provide when you visit the Website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you/your employer and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
The Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Website or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- That you/your employer provide to us. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, such as your name, access credentials and email address, as well as information you provide by filling in forms on the Website.
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, website addresses, social media account information, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Directly from your employer when your employer provides it to us.
- Automatically through the use of automatic data collection technologies.
You also may provide information to be transmitted for publishing or display by third parties on third party websites (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are provided and transmitted at your own risk. Although you and/or we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or of third party websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Analytic information including but not limited to remarketing and use demographics.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Application Programing Interface. Application Program Interface such as Google Analytics help us understand how our users use the Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you and/or your employer.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you and/or your employer request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you and/or your employer provide it.
- To provide you/your employer with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To notify you/your employer about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve the Website.
- To allow you/your employer to participate in interactive features on the Website or notify you/your employer of activity on the Website.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Denim Social’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Denim Social about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
If you wish to review the personal information we hold, and/or have all your personal information deleted from our records, please email us at email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Additional Domain Names
Additional domain names to which this policy applies include: