In our first employee feature, we asked our VP, Product, Adam Christophersen to answer a few questions!
What is your role at Denim Social?
VP, Product. I’m responsible for prioritizing the development of products that prescribe painkillers and vitamins.
How long have I worked at Denims Social?
2 years, 8 months.
What has been your favorite project?
Launching Smart Campaigns within our Advertising solution. It launched at the same time as our annual (physical, in-person) event, Denim Summit. I was involved in product management, product marketing, sales, customer success, and thought leadership surrounding this launch and it was a super well-received product that helped our customers perform better advertising. The majority of social advertising campaigns launched over the last year were Smart Campaigns.
Do you have any WFH tips?
1) Have a dedicated space for where you work (that’s not your living room on the couch, for example). You need to subconsciously have a separate place where work happens.
2) Find ways to disconnect yourself from time to time. It’s too easy to stay connected and work all the time, but taking small breaks makes you more productive in the long run.
What is something people might not know about you?
1) I’m ambidextrous. I write left handed but play most sports right handed.
2) Growing up in Minnesota I played competitive hockey, traveling almost every weekend to different tournaments. My favorite movie was (maybe still is, don’t @ me) The Mighty Ducks.
3) I met my wife on my very first day on campus at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. Some would say it was love at first sight.
What motivates you?
Both personally and professionally, the things that motivate me most surround growth. At work, that means growth of our product and organization. I’m passionate about building products that contribute in an outsized manner to the overall growth of our company. At home, my passion for growth relates to my children. Parenting them the best way I know how (which is a moving target, tbh) to help them grow to be respectful, smart, independent humans.
What are your interests outside of work?
Golf, brewing beer, fishing, bourbon, and playing with my kids.
Lastly, what’s your favorite quote?
“Let’s go invent tomorrow rather than worrying about what happened yesterday.” -Steve Jobs.